So today we are here for one thing, and one thing only. My trash. That’s right. Weird, but these are legitimately my favorite posts and videos to see so I am very excited to be sharing this with you today!
1. M-61 Hydraboost Eye Cream ($78) I received two deluxe samples of this from the Blue Mercury store on Union Square in NYC and absolutely loved it to bits. It’s so hydrating and plumping, I always looked so awake and well-slept after using this at night and I thoroughly enjoyed this product. Will I repurchase? Maybe in the future, but definitely not right away. I use eye cream just for the purpose of using one in the hopes that it will benefit me in 40 years. So using an eye cream that is this luxe isn’t a necessity at this point in my life, and I get by on whatever is laying around. But if you have the money to spend, I highly recommend this product!
2. Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer ($18) I hate to say it, but I really didn’t like this product. I wanted to like it, I truly did, but it just didn’t sit well with me and my skin. I feel it’s rather silicone-y and is a bit slippery on the skin, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but I just think that primer is a unnecessary step for me. I don’t think it extends the wear of my foundation or makes me look any less oily, in fact I think it makes my skin break out. Maybe it was just this product and not all primers will have this effect, but it has strayed me away from using them for awhile. Definitely will not be repurchasing…
3. Burt’s Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Cream ($8.99) Love this hand cream. I would definitely recommend this more for using before bed and not as a hand cream just to throw in your handbag during the day. It’s not greasy, but it is very heavily moisturizing and it’s glass so it could (1) break easily and (2) weigh down your handbag quite a bit. This tiny jar literally lasted me a year. A YEAR. Usually I want to try new products after a few months, but I really loved the smell of this and the way it made my hands feel. I will definitely be repurchasing!
4. Heritage Products Rosewater & Glycerin ($6.39) I usually buy plain rosewater, but after my mother very sneakily poured nearly all of my rosewater into a little travel spray bottle of her own, I needed to buy more and this was all that was left of my local health foods store inventory. Apparently glycerin is a humectant that draws moisture into the skin from your surroundings. This may bother some people solely because glycerin isn’t always natural, sometimes it’s synthetically made, but it really doesn’t bother me. The glycerin made this spritz very sweet, so it was a bit funny applying it to my skin. I enjoyed it, but I will be purchasing regular rosewater instead of this from now on.
5. Kin Stylium Flexible Dynamic Hairspray (~$15) I cannot for the life of me remember how this came into my hands, but it’s beginning to boggle me because apparently this is only sold in the UK and the last time I was there – I definitely did not buy hairspray. Anyways! I really like this product! I found it was incredibly lightweight and never let my hair felt sticky or too stiff. It was almost more of a texturizing spray than a hairspray, which I almost prefer. Great product. If you are a lucky duck and you reside in the UK, you should check this out!
6. Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Invigorating Shampoo ($7.95) This is a great cleansing shampoo. I’m home with my family at the moment and this is my sisters holy grail shampoo. I myself have been using it quite a bit and I like it. It’s so refreshing and leaves your scalp feeling ridiculously good. The tea tree just gives this little head treatment while you are washing your hair and it is pretty divine. I did feel that with daily use though, this did have a tendency to make my hair a little dry, but it is a cleansing shampoo so there you are. If you are on the market for a shampoo that will really clean your hair while still providing some nourishment, you may want to look into this as a possible option. It’s super affordable!
7. Nourish Organics Lavender Mint Body Lotion ($11.99) This product was so disappointing! I love Nourish Organic, but this lotion was bleh. It was super watery and I had to use a ton to cover my legs, in fact I’m pretty sure I finished the bottle in maybe a week? I didn’t feel that is was very moisturizing and it made my legs burn so much more than normal after shaving them. I also noticed that I had to avoid touching my legs after using this product because the product liked to roll off in gross little collections of lotion – I don’t really understand how this happened, but it did and it wasn’t pleasant. Most certainly won’t be repurchasing this!
8. Philosophy’s Fresh Peaches with Cream Body Lotion I have had this for a crazy long time and while it still isn’t entirely used up (because of the bum pump and my laziness), but I have decided to toss it because it has more than likely gone off in the two-three years I have it. I actually don’t even think they sell this anymore… While that may make me talking about this pointless, maybe you can reminisce with me. It smelled so AMAZING. I mean really. Was it that great of a body lotion? Probably not. Philosophy has never really impressed me, but the smell of this. ERMEHGERD.
9. Voluspa French Cade & Lavender ($25.99) I love candles and Voluspa candles are the Rolls Royce of the candle market. They are incredible and expensive considering this is a candle for crying out loud, but they are oh so worth it. They last forever, smell amazing, make you feel all warm and fuzzy, and are just so damn beautiful – I mean really, look at this tin! This candle in particular smells like man and linen. That’s a really odd description, but I don’t apologize because it’s so true! Like a man doing laundry… Can you imagine anything sexier? No. Didn’t think so. I love this candle to bits and highly recommend it. Voluspa has so many scents so I probably will not repurchase this right away, but after making my rounds with their scents I think me repurchasing this is highly probable.
And that is it for my empties folks! I hope you enjoyed taking a peek at some of the products I’ve used up and hopefully my opinions on these products have enlightened you in some way! Have you tried any of these products before? What did you think? Be sure to let me know your thoughts in the comments below!
Happy Reading, Gorgeous!