- Everyday Minerals Jojoba Base: I picked this up about a month ago because it sounded so interesting. It’s a mineral foundation infused with jojoba esters to provide the skin with moisture and to stop a powdery finish. The coverage is quite good if you want to build it up, but I mix it with my Silk Naturals Oil Control Tinted primer to set my concealer and finish off my base makeup. I think it’s very appropriate for the summer months because it does leave the skin fairly dewy, and I don’t like looking like I’m wearing powder in the summer (or any time of the year, really). I have the shade Sand, and it’s maybe a tad too dark for me, so be sure to read the color descriptions really well on the website if you think about ordering. Also, I love that you can close the sifter.
- 100% Pure Tinted Moisturizer: I have spoken about this before in my “Shopping My Stash” post and I used it in my FOTD: Olivia Munn look. I love that it has very little coverage and just makes skin look very luminous. I love that 100% Pure Makeup is pigmented with fruit and that the ingredients list basically looks like a list of food. However, I do find that I canNOT skip powdering this or I will look sweaty. But, let’s face it, I always get a bit sweaty looking in the summer months, so I’m just mindful to bring some blotting tissues and powder in my handbag. I have the shade White Peach which, as I have said before, is deceptively dark. I also think this is helps keep my skin looking clear, along with my skin care routine, of course. I find the best way to apply this is with fingers. I tried using a brush once and it made it look streaky and bleh.
- Clinique Chubby Stick in Chunky Cherry: I love the color of this lip crayon. I also enjoy that I don’t have to bring along any lip balm when I wear this. It’s a fuss-free lip that still looks very put-together for the summer time. It’s that sort-of “I just ate a popsicle” look with a bit of glossiness. Plus, the ingredients in the Clinique chubby sticks are very similar to those in a natural lip balm.
- Favorite Lip Combo: Ilia Lipgloss in Peek A Boo with Silk Naturals Rapturous. So I was watching VlogwithKendra do one of her Friday Faves videos and she said she liked to put her gloss on before her lipstick. So, I tried it and WOW, it just makes the lipstick look not so obviously drawn on and it dilutes harsh colors. I’ve been liking my holy grail of lip glosses, the Ilia lip gloss in Peek A Boo with Silk Naturals Rapturous over the top for a “my lips but darker” (and definitely glossier) look. The best part, both products are so moisturizing that I don’t need to bring a balm along with me.
- Tarte Skinny SmolderEyes Pencil in Onyx ($18): This month I’ve pushed aside my Zuxu Luxe liquid liner, for a more soft and smudgy liner look. This pencil is nice. VERY pigmented and VERY black, so I’m mindful not to put on too much. I love smudging this really close to the lash line on days where I want to look like I’ve tried to do my eye makeup, which is more often recently. It says that it’s waterproof but I do not find this to be the truth. It smudges pretty easily on me.
- Urban Decay Grindhouse Pencil Sharpener ($10): I know this is a really random favorite, but I lost my liner/cosmetics pencil sharpener. I bought this one because the 100% Pure Lip pencils fit into the larger hole. I like that it has two different sized sharpeners and it makes areally nice point on my Tarte eyeliner. Also, it comes apart completely, so it’s easy to clean.
That concludes my June favorites. There aren’t too many this month, and no new skin care as I have been traveling and sticking to my basics. I would love to know if you’ve liked any of these products and some of your favorites. Please leave them in the comments below. Don’t forget to like and share.
Oh, and Happy July, I hope you have a lovely fourth!
Happy Reading, Beautiful!